Global Publication Manager
- Ensures the development and execution of the publication plan by reviewing, editing, revising and placing high quality, timely and impactful scientific and clinical abstracts, posters, oral presentations and manuscripts which are prepared by Medical Writers.
- Analyses, interprets, and summarizes scientific and clinical data, and helps identify appropriate publication and presentation forums and channels for the data
- Supports the implementation of the scientific communication strategy within the therapeutic areas
- Will oversee the selection and will ensure that the contract responsibilities of any third-party vendors (including medical writing and publications agencies) are met to quality, timeline and cost
- Will be responsible for overseeing the internal review process for all publications to ensure full compliance
- Ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines, Ferring policies and SOPs
- Guides the External Vendor and Global Medical Affairs Team in conducting s literature searches and interpreting scientific literature, and providing assessment of competitor papers, posters and other materials in order to bring insights from the “ outside in”.
- Interacts with internal and external alliance partner(s) to ensure that compliant publication processes are followed, facilitates a transparent publication process, participates in publication discussions at team meetings, as well as facilitating decision making on authorship and channels.
- Generates reports, develops and manages agency SOW to address publication plans and oversees associated budgets
- Develop strong relationships and communicating regularly with key internal groups including R&D, -Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, Legal, etc as well as external stakeholders (including investigators, authors, key external experts)
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences or related fields is required; Advanced degree preferred (MD, PhD, PharmD, MS) with 3-5 yrs experience in publication planning and publication development in pharmaceutical environment or medical communication agencies
- Superb project and publication management skills, and familiarity with publication processes
- Familiarity with Good Publication Practice, ICMJE guidelines and other applicable industry guidelines
- Good knowledge of principles and practices of pharmaceutical clinical studies (including design, conduct, analysis and reporting)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable, with positive attitude, strong ability to multi-task, prioritize projects effectively and communicate at all levels within the company
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to teach and learn
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details, and ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Team player
- Ability to build good working relationships, both inside and outside the organization
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.