International Customs Manager
Ref#: FER-0062 / BR414
- Determine correct preferential and non-preferential Country of Origin as per Customs process for all products. Manage Compliance with Free Trade Agreement / Origin Certificate requirements
- Set-up Long Terms Supplier Declaration (supplier solicitation) governance. Lead, coordinate, implement and manage Long Terms Supplier Declaration with stakeholders for end to end flows
- Implement and manage the HS code determination with a third party service provider
- Identify Customs compliance gaps, understand criticality of gaps and liaise with needed functions to close them. Monitor key metrics for International Customs Trade
- Review and update Customs Policies per defined strategy. Support plants and FERRING distribution companies in resolving issues and audits with Customs authorities
- Advice and support relationships with Customs as requested. Understand Customs related legislative changes, update documentation. Keep abreast of global regulations and ensure regulation changes are communicated and implemented throughout the company
- Lead and partner with relevant stakeholders to implement International Customs Trade processes.
- Identify Customs optimization opportunities, duty reduction actions where possible, and support business case generation
- Manage certifications like Agreed Exporter to speed up customs clearance and support automation for customs declaration. Manage AEO Certification for Supply Chain and others sites
- Primary Contact for CH Customs and support NL / DE / CZ Customs related matters and other internal/external inquiries/audits related to import and export compliance declarations
- Review the company needs and implement Global Trade Management tools accordingly
- Asset and approve Customs Valuations for products as per customs and international trade regulations, in coordination with Tax
- Bachelor’s Degree or similar in International Trade, Finance, Accounting, Logistics or other related fields
- Completion of accredited Import / Export compliance training program recommended (e.g. UCC training academy)
- Experience in determining Country of Origin, Valuation and Classifications for Customs as well as trade agreements, trade zones, special procedures, etc
- Subject matter expertise both import, export and Authorized Economic Operator (“AEO”)
- Five to seven years of relevant experience in International Customs Compliance
- Strong working knowledge and experience in compliance and audit practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and German (French is an asset)
- Strong Microsoft Office and Microsoft Access skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation/training skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Ability to think strategically and critically
- Ability to effectively manage 3rd parties
- Excellent written, oral, listening and presentation communication skills to effectively communicate with all stakeholders
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.