Head, Biologics Engineering
Ref#: FER-0068 / BR419
- Build and drive an innovative, lean, state-of-the-art & competitive Biologics engineering function (i.e. antibodies & antibody derivatives) leveraging internal and external capabilities to deliver a competitive pipeline of lead molecules consisting of antibodies and other Biologics.
- Manage and coordinate all activities in support of Antibody discovery, and engineering with highest quality and competitive timelines to the full satisfaction of internal stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire “Antibody engineering” team as a proactive central function, acting as seamless and global team with a competitive spirit eager to deliver innovative & high-quality lead molecules better than external providers and faster than industry benchmark.
- Develop internally/externally antibody discovery and optimization workflow tailored for fast and efficient discovery of high quality lead molecules.
- Identify, drive, maintain and manage internal and external innovation in the Biologics space with focus on new technologies supporting the antibody discovery and optimization process or molecule candidates to supplement Ferrings R&D Biologics portfolio (in alignment with stakeholders).
- Identify, develop and maintain state of the art technologies to ensure competitive pipeline progression. Provide strategic support to other global functions & stakeholders as appropriate.
- Identify implement and maintain strategic privileged partnerships with CROs to maximize efficiency and output of the “Biologics Engineering function” function
- Identify, develop and maintain state of the art technologies to ensure competitive pipeline progression. Provide strategic support to other global functions & stakeholders as appropriate
- 5 years+ experience in Biologics discovery and development in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry
- PhD in science, preferably biology/biochemistry, pharmaceutics or chemistry
- Proven ability to innovate (e.g. by scientific publications)
- Proven expertise in Biologics discovery in a complex management environment
- Proven expertise in discovery of engineered therapeutic antibodies
- Fluent in English (written and verbal communication; additional languages preferred)
- Excellent project management skills and excellent interpersonal, networking and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently within a complex, multi-site, and multi-cultural environment
- International working experience preferred
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.