Head, Biologics Development
Ref#: FER-0050 / BR400
The “Head of Biologics Development” will build and lead an innovative, lean, state-of-the-art & competitive Biologics Development function leveraging internal and external capabilities to deliver a competitive pipeline consisting of Antibodies and other Biologics. He/she will build, lead, manage and coordinate all activities in support of Biologics Process Development applying state of the art technologies to deliver highly competitive biotech processes (in terms of quality, costs and timelines) and for providing preclinical and clinical material leveraging internal and external capabilities. He/she will work closely with Product Supply to guarantee seamless handover of projects along the value chain.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, implementation and running of a competitive and lean state of the art process development infrastructure at our headquarter in Saint-Prex including scouting and implementation of cutting edge process technologies supporting development of Antibodies and other engineered Biologics.
- Build and lead an innovative, lean, state-of-the-art & competitive Biologics development function (i.e. antibodies) leveraging internal and external capabilities to deliver a competitive pipeline consisting of antibodies and other engineered Biologics.
- Lead and coordinate all activities in support of Antibody lead optimization, monoclonal cell line generation, API biotech process development/clinical manufacturing and their progression until launch with highest quality and competitive timelines to the full satisfaction of internal stakeholders.
- Lead and inspire “Biologics Development” team as a proactive function, acting with a competitive spirit eager to deliver better than external providers and faster than industry benchmark
- Develop internally/externally state of the art biotech API processes tailored for clinical material for the different preclinical and clinical phases as well as for commercial manufacturing focusing on high quality and defined process performance to ensure competitive COGs (including QbD)
- Manage internal and external clinical Biotech API preclinical and clinical manufacturing
- Deliver biotech API-related scientific input to all requested regulatory documents (INDs/IMPDs)
- Identify, drive, maintain and manage internal and external innovation in the Biologics development space in alignment with stakeholders.
- Identify, develop and maintain state of the art technologies to ensure competitive pipeline progression. Provide strategic support to other global functions & stakeholders as appropriate
- Identify implement and maintain strategic privileged partnerships with CROs/CMOs to maximize efficiency and output of the “Biologics Development” function
- 10 years+ experience in Biologics discovery and development in the pharmaceutical/ biotech industry
- PhD in science, preferably biology/biochemistry, pharmaceutics or chemistry
- Proven expertise in Biologics discovery and development in a complex management environment
- Proven expertise in discovery and development of engineered therapeutic antibodies
- Fluent in English (written and verbal communication; additional languages preferred)
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.