Global Procurement Category Manager for IT
- Although based in Switzerland, the job holder will have to conduct a global role and identify the best sourcing channels for all Ferring entities.
- Accountable for having appropriate category strategies defined, together with the IT group, to ensure the most appropriate sourcing of IT/digital goods and services
- Responsible for the sourcing of IT/digital goods and services, lead contract negotiation
- Establish, share and continuously improve best practices in IT procurement
- Establish and nurture excellent relationships with stakeholders
- Protect the company ensuring we have the best contractual positions in place
- Train and coach local Buyers on respective category spend
- Segment and rationalize the existing supply base in respective category spend and establish supplier relationship management strategy.
- Analyse risks and set-up risk mitigation plan
- Develop and maintain a culture of performance in the procurement function in own area of responsibility, resulting in continuous improvement of costs and customer service level
- University level and ideally Master in Procurement
- 5 years in a global procurement role in IT where negotiations skills have been demonstrated
- Experience of purchasing in pharmaceutical environment would be a plus
- Good understanding of contract law and commercial acumen
- Leadership skills to be able to manage, motivate and engage team members / stakeholders (remotely or not)
- Stakeholder management
- Comprehensive understanding of the IT/Digital marketplace
- Drive for results, interpersonal savvy and cross-cultural sensitivity
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.