Global Industrial Hygienist
Ref#: CH-FER-0109 / R0008322
Global Industrial Hygienist
- Conduct hazard evaluations, risk assessments, job hazard analyses, and develop exposure profiles to characterize workplace hazards and verify effectiveness of controls.
- Establish Global Guidance standards as required for key occupational hygiene risks in the organization. Review and maintain a risk management strategy for dealing with Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients together with Ferring toxicology team.
- Provide support for other Corporate EHS related programs as appropriate. Review working practices to reduce health hazards and evaluate proper engineering controls and personal protective equipment.
- Establish IH training programs and encourage sharing of knowledge and best practices between locations on key topics (e.g., API handling, hazard communication, Safety Data Sheets, ergonomics, respiratory protection, bloodborne pathogens, laboratory safety).
- Responsible for monitoring employee exposure to chemical and other toxic substances and physical hazards. Develop air monitoring and sampling strategy, methods development, data analysis, and technical control measures (containment, ventilation, etc.), reporting and follow up.
- Benchmark with successful and innovative leaders in occupational hygiene.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist or equivalent certification
- Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health, Environmental Science or Chemical Engineering
- 10 years related experience in chemical, pharmaceutical or biotech industry
- Experience and knowledge of QA, GXP regulated environment
- Team player, proactive, result oriented
- Good communication skills, open minded
- Ability to lead and/or resource diverse teams to accomplish results without direct authority
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Power Point, Sharepoint)
- Strong ability to understand, influence and motivate people, and build networks
- Travel 40 % of time
- Fluent in English (oral and written), any other languages are and advantage
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.