Key Account Specialist - South
Southampton, United Kingdom
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. A leader in reproductive and maternal health, Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years. Today, over one third of the company’s research and development investment goes towards finding innovative treatments to help mothers and babies, from conception to birth. The company also identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. For further information on Ferring or its products, visit
Key Account Specialist
– South –
- Promote the use of specified Urology products for the Sales Division of Ferring Pharmaceuticals within the designated geographical territory in accordance with company policy (to take accountability and responsibility for the Urology Portfolio across the geographical territory)
- To achieve sales goals of said products within pre-set budgetary limits
- To carry out these duties in an ethical manner, within the ABPI code of practice and to the highest standards of integrity, credibility and professionalism as befits an employee of Ferring Pharmaceuticals
- To accurately segment accounts using the approved Prioritisation Tool (with a plan in place for identifying any gaps) – identify, quantify and prioritise the target Key Account Management accounts including secondary care and payors as appropriate in conjunction with Area Sales Manager
- To identify, segment and prioritise the target healthcare personnel within accounts and to make business contact with these key figures on a regular basis, utilising effective selling skills
- To acquire, build and maintain a thorough and credible level of knowledge of the promoted product range and the relevant competitors; in addition to the therapy area in which these products are used
- To demonstrate competent, knowledgeable and appropriate use of the company’s promotional materials – product detail aids and the relevant clinical papers at all times
- To create, build and develop a specific “active” business plan for the designated territory
- To maintain and monitor these activities and evaluate at regular intervals as to their effectiveness and cost-effectiveness
- To implement changes to the plan, through regular Business Review meetings, with Area Sales Manager as required
- To perform the above promotional activities in the field, within pre-set and agreed budgetary limits and to monitor this expenditure on a monthly basis
- To comply with all administration deadlines as set by Area Sales Manager e.g. monthly feedback reports; monthly itineraries and monthly budget updates and implement Expenses procedure to the correct standards of completion and timeliness
- To build and maintain comprehensive territory records of all target hospital and department information plus all healthcare contacts made – whether 1:1 or at meetings and use the IQVIA Mobile Intelligence system to the correct standards as set out by the company and as agreed with Area Sales Manager
- To represent Ferring at local, regional or national meetings / symposia in a professional manner, when required to do so by Area Sales Manager
- To provide support and possible field assistance to future new members of the Urology sales team as required by Area Sales Manager
- To provide active input and participation at all group meetings or training sessions as appropriate – sales meetings etc.
Required Experience & Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (in relevant field, i.e. pharma or related)
- ABPI Qualification
- At least 2 years of experience in sales or commercial role
- Broad knowledge of NHS – experience within the NHS is an advantage
- Ability to converse with all stakeholders in the NHS (head pharmacists, clinicians, nurses)
- Outstanding negotiation, influencing and key account management skills
- Business acumen and ability to analyse sales data
- Strong planning skills, and the ability to use CRM systems
- Urology experience an advantage but not essential
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.