Application Development Engineer Plastics DACH
South of Germany, Germany
- Commits to an uncompromising environment in terms of EHS&S, compliance to law and company policies
- Interprets (new) customer needs/requirements, and initiates and leads in the internal cross-functional collaborative process of converting those to competitively advantaged material solutions, especially where these are technically more complex
- Supports the selling of material solutions in selected focus applications to assigned customer base using value management principles, and shares the success broadly for translation opportunities
- Delivers on planned milestones for the specific projects at the assigned specifying customer base by giving transparency in progress through Siebel Support Tasks
- Acts as the lead contact point between the various technical functions within the customers' organization and SABIC and internally for the Specialty team towards OEM & Growth teams, Product Management, T&I, TSR and GApT department
- Builds, develops and maintains relationships with assigned key customer technical decision makers in engineering, production and quality department
- Provides and shares timely consolidated techno-commercial information & intelligence with internal growth functions
- Secures optimal technical support to customers, sales offices & SAM's including technical complaint handling & problem solving at customer
- Implements product optimization/ modification/ adjustment projects with product management & technology at customer base
- Provides technical & product training at customers and internally in weekly technical & training calls, supports building commercial training & positioning tools
- BSc/MSc in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering
- Technical (field) experience in B2B technical products: minimum 5 - 10 years with solid expertise in processing methods like injection molding & extrusion
- Technical aptitude from identifying opportunities to positioning material solutions until commercial sales while demonstrating focus, goal orientation & decisiveness
- Demonstrated expertise in & passion for application development and product / part design for engineering thermoplastic resins & compounds
- Capability to perform tool trials, process optimization and trouble shooting at customers and to be responsible for technical issue resolution and claim handling
- Knowledgeable to build training & positioning materials according to SABIC branding and providing/ facilitating training within the Specialty team
- Proficient in the use of process oriented tools associated with LEAN, Six Sigma, FMEA. Ability to identify, lead, direct, guide, plan, develop new projects to sales.
- Proven interpersonal and collaborative skills - excels in high performing teams in a multi-cultural environment
- Fluent in German and English language, French nice to have
- Located out of Germany (area Frankfurt)
- Driving license
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.