Thermoplastic Tape Specialist
- Develop and optimize innovative methods for mass production of thermoplastic unidirectional (UD) composites tapes.
- Interface with the resin formulation team to improve impregnation speed and tape performance.
- Identify critical steps in the process, integrate quality control systems and guarantee consistent product quality.
- Develop/integrate modeling methods to support the developments.
- Network and closely work with technical experts in different SABIC Strategic Business Units as well as with the university network.
- Document work and present to stake holders in various business functions.
- Graduate education (preferably a Ph.D.) in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science or other relevant field.
- In-depth understanding of thermoplastic composites, polymers, fibrous materials and interface properties.
- Experience with production of thermoplastic tapes.
- Preferably experience with implementation and use of QA/QC methods.
- Knowledge of basic statistical analysis techniques, preferably experience with DoE.
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage, and simultaneously deliver on multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal, communication & presentation skills.
- Strict adherence to company safety (EHS) policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated documentation and presentation skills.
- Availability for occasional travel up to 25%.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.