- The Sourcing & Contracting team is responsible for the end-to-end commercial process and focusses on building a reliable, high quality network of suppliers that offer best in class logistic services. Delivery reliability, transport safety, security of supply and customer satisfaction are the typical performance parameters. Securing these services at the best available commercial conditions is the main challenge.
- The Strategic Buyer plays a key role in the tender process and contract negotiations, but also in the contract management and execution.
- The Strategic Buyer is strongly involved in the tender preparation, data analysis, negotiations and final implementation of the tender outcome.
- Together with the Category Manager, the Strategic Buyer is responsible for managing a diverse international portfolio of suppliers and strongly involved in the selection and introduction of new suppliers or transport services.
- The Strategic Buyer is responsible for steering the day-to-day operations and contract management in close cooperation with the Transport Purchaser. If needed (s)he will support the Transport Purchaser in solving operational issues.
- As transport expert the Strategic Buyer will be involved in Supply Chain projects
- (S)he is a good networker, knows what is happening in the transport market and is able to create commitment at suppliers. This is a ‘spider in the web’ role with a broad variety of both internal and external relations (Sales, Business Management, Planning, Site Logistics and Suppliers).
- Master or Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Economics or Supply Chain.
- Additional education in Supply Chain Management (e.g. APICS) is a strong asset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Networker with a strong commercial drive.
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Fluent in English (both verbal and in writing), basic skills in German.
- Minimum 3 years experience in logistics or business management in an international business environment
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.