Scientist Pipe Application and Material Development
- Executes pipe application and material development projects delivering value to the segment.
- Delivers on project milestones in a multidisciplinary approach.
- Translates customer requirements, specifications and expectations into clear application engineering and processing plans and Design of Experiments.
- Engages with internal and external stakeholders to identify and develop new pipe applications, material concepts and market solutions.
- Works together with segment marketing & MDTS teams to stay on top of market developments, proposing actions and programs to address those needs.
- Provides technical expertise in interactions with customers, value chain partners, universities and institutes together with marketing and MDTS. Builds, develops and maintains relations with these stakeholders.
- Grows competitive advantage by securing intellectual property (IP) in coordination with our IP team.
- Commits to an uncompromising environment in terms of EHS&S, compliance to law and company policies.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. in Material Science, Polymer Processing, Polymer Engineering, Industrial Engineering
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in polymer processing, or polymer material or application development.
- You preferably have experience with and expertise in polyolefin materials and technology.
- You are self-driven and proactive with the ability to use your knowledge to identify new application and product development opportunities.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives.
- You have broad knowledge of polymer materials and formulations, including additives and fillers, as well as of the analytical and characterization techniques applied in this field.
- You are able to link polymer structure and formulation to application design and customer solutions.
- You have a hands-on mentality and excellent problem-solving skills.
- You have well developed social and communication skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines.
- You are fluent in oral and written English.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.