Automotive Simulation and Application Engineer
- Lead and drive predictive engineering programs for internal/external customers in partnership with cross-functional stakeholders (Market Development & Technical Service, Sales, Technology, Marketing and Product Management teams, customers and external parties) to support automotive growth to achieve SABIC 2025 vision.
- Responsible to translate customer requirements, specifications and expectations into a clear application engineering/CAE plan.
- Responsible to perform feasibility studies based on technical specifications, resulting into design concepts using FEA (Finite Element Analysis) software.
- Proactively communicate with project team members and business stakeholders on progress. Report results and present them to stakeholders and customers.
- Provide technical expertise in design, stiffness, strength, crash, vibrations, weight optimization, material characterization and processability to maintain a competitive advantage.
- Engage with external parties (contractors, institutes, universities ) to efficiently develop differentiated services to customers in scope of continuous improvement.
- Interface with Intellectual Property team to ensure Intellectual Property coverage.
- Together with the Market Development & Technical Service and Marketing teams, follow application trends and customer needs. Propose pipeline programs to address these needs.
- Ensure activities are compliant with safety, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
- B.Sc., M.Sc. in Mechanical, Aerospace or Polymer Engineering
- 3 years of experience in predictive engineering tools (Optistruct, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, Moldflow, Moldex 3D, Digimat) in automotive industry, preferably in plastics applications
- Knowledge of the injection moulding process and composites is a plus
- Experience in customer and external interactions/presentations
- Excellent English communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, pragmatic, able to work in global cross-functional teams
- Flexibility to travel, mainly within Europe (10 to 20%)
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.