Sales Account Manager
- The Sales Account manager is commercially responsible for the profitable growth at the assigned Specialties customer base in France, including price- and contract negotiations within HQ guidelines, and coordination of logistics and claim handling together with Customer and Technical Service teams. Your customer base consists of important Sabic customers, who value our product and service offerings in terms of supply chain excellence and technical support. Your customer base consists of medium-large moulders and (captive) OEMs working in different industries, such as Water management, Electrical and Mass Transportation. In addition to this the Sales Account manager will also be responsible for managing and growing a substantial part of the business with our distributor in France. In order to be successful you therefore need to build good relationships with all constituencies, internally and externally.
- Your objective is to offer them the best customer experience possible and continuously look for ways to increase our added value to the customer and capture part of that value in terms of volume, revenue and margin growth. You are responsible for maintaining and growing our share and profitability at this customer base. You will work together with other growth teams and stakeholders to develop new customers for Sabic Specialties. On product level you will focus on selling and growing the complete SABIC Specialties product portfolio. You will interact with key internal stakeholders (Product Management, Growth teams, T&I, Pricing team, SCM, and other commercial or technical teams).
- In this role you need to find a good balance between developing and maintaining excellent, lasting customer relationships in line with our Specialties business strategy and executing on short term commercial goals to make the operating plan. The scope of this role also includes growing the target pipeline and closing business development opportunities. You have data documentation (Account planning) responsibility for your buying and specifying customer base (Captives, Tier 1 and OEM’s), provide input for Sales planning (S&OP) and should maintain projects in CRM System Siebel. You are also required to update the system regularly with current sales data (sales tracking) as well as customer contact information and open project data(leads, open targets). Next to this, there are some Marketing Communication activities, such as fairs and active participations through booths or presentations.
- We require you to develop a good understanding of the competitive environment in France for relevant industries/products. Your background allows you to develop and exploit in-depth product knowledge to grow and create business with your customers. You are a team player and will work closely with your peers in France and in the Specialties team across Europe and in Headquarter to exchange best practices and obtain the best team result.
- Background in the plastics industry (preferably engineering Specialties), at least 3 years experience in commercial or technical marketing roles.
- BSc/MSc in Plastics or Mechanical Engineering
- Expertise in application development, plastics product knowledge and troubleshooting (RCCA)
- Proven capability to build excellent business relationships with customers
- Ambition and drive for commercial responsibility and accountability
- Fluent French language and very good English skills a must
- Likes intensive travelling within France and visiting Netherlands HQ on a regular basis
- Should have the commitment and vision to grow and stay at least 3 years in this role
- Is used to and enjoys to work and engage with the international Specialties team
- Self starter, goal oriented, and proven track record to drive for results independently
- Optimistic, self confident character with a ‘can do’ hunting attitude
- Ability to network and leverage all levels of an organization to gain support.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.