Area Sales Manager - Northern England
Liverpool / Manchester / Leeds, United Kingdom
Ref#: UK-FER-004 / R0007717
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group active in global markets. A leader in reproductive and maternal health, Ferring has been developing treatments for mothers and babies for over 50 years. Today, over one third of the company’s research and development investment goes towards finding innovative treatments to help mothers and babies, from conception to birth. The company also identifies, develops and markets innovative products in the areas of urology, gastroenterology, endocrinology and orthopaedics. Ferring has its own operating subsidiaries in nearly 60 countries and markets its products in 110 countries. For further information on Ferring or its products, visit www.ferring.com.
Area Sales Manager – Northern England
To develop and lead the sales team in the execution of sales strategies within assigned region to achieve sales goals. Manages, trains, and develops direct reports, while managing area budgets and executing regional business plans. Working within the Ferring Corporate SOP’s. Adhering to the Ferring Philosophy of doing what is right, proper, ethical and encouraging your colleagues to do the same thing. Protecting and enhancing our Company reputation at all times.
• To manage Ferring business at a regional level for the defined portfolio and to grow the sales profitably and sustainably in order to meet annual objectives.
• Develop a regional sales plan and execute, in coordination with their team all sales activities, promotional campaigns and projects as set in the Sales plan and within budgets.
• Proactively analyze sales results by products and territories and the factors influencing the results in coordination with the marketing people, BI team, take corrective action and/or make recommendations to line manager.
• Lead, motivate, engage and coach direct reports to achieve the required sales and activity objectives.
• Responsible for the upskilling of their direct reports, with particular reference to Key Account Management, undertaking annual performances, IDP’s for each team member that includes annual goals and measurements that are consistent with the priorities of the business.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with key opinion leaders and influencing professionals to support Ferring products. Development of Key customer relationships and health economy insights, owning the relationship with the key NHS stakeholders and developing insights to National/local health economy
• Monitor and reinforce the use of the sales force minimum standards such as use of & customer information database
• Develop, maintain and implement an operating rhythm to effectively manage the team, keeping team members informed, motivated and engaged. Ensure Company policies and procedures are adhered to. Ensure full compliance to ABPI code.
• Participate in the development of the business unit plan and product marketing strategies.
Required Experience & Competences:
• B.Sc. degree in life sciences, or related major
• Extensive Pharma Industry experience including recent (<4 years) product launch experience
• Experience in sales, to include primary and secondary sector sales, and sales management
• Experience in key account working and management
• Some Product Management experience or knowledge of the marketing process would be preferred
• Evidence of developing & managing high performing teams
• Evidence of working in primary care with HoMMs and Clinical commissioners and working with market access team. Experience in service/product commissioning
• Experience of developing key opinion leader and payor advocacy
• Able to lead the region with a positive, refreshing style, open to innovate and relevant ideas
• Experience of developing individuals and a team through challenge and skills development
• Experience of using CRM/ sales systems to monitor performance
• Good computer literacy; Excel, Word and Outlook
• Data analytical ability to analyse results, understand P&L’s and draw business decisions from the data
• Full driving licence – no more than 3 points and no DD10 (drink driving convictions)
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.