Business Development Manager LNP™ compounds and copolymers, SBU Specialties
Hannover, Essen, Düsseldorf, Würzburg, Germany
- Drive profitable growth and expansion of LNP business by translating market trends and customer needs into product solutions in key applications areas such as Automotive, Electrical & Lighting, Aerospace, and Consumer & Electronics
- Drive new growth via specifications at new accounts of existing products/product grades in existing applications, new products in existing or close adjacent applications as well as new products in new application spaces
- The objective is to generate and deliver on new business opportunities to meet our ambitious growth targets
- The candidate will effectively work with internal and external resources to identify solutions to complex problems in demanding and highly regulated applications
- Builds relationships with relevant OEMs and/or specifiers to position LNP as a preferred partner for specialty products across various industries
- Gains credibility with customer across multiple disciplines including sourcing, design, engineering and leadership
- Understands and articulates both short and long-term customer needs; including material requirements, new product introductions and new business opportunities.
- Identifies growth areas and creates demand to expand LNP revenue and market presence with our Compounds and Copolymers resins
- Proposes solutions based on customer needs and LNP compounding capability.
- Develops a robust pipeline of new business opportunities for LNP products via direct and indirect sales channels
- Manages open opportunities and is responsible for timely closure and realization of sales.
- Collaborates with SABIC’s Account Managers, Distribution Channel Leaders and Technical Development Engineers to support the specification and design process for new applications
- Gathers and report market intelligence i.e. industry/customer specific unmet needs, market trends, competitor intelligence, technology gaps
- Bachelor or Master’s degree (e.g. Polymer, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Food Technology)
- 5-10 years’ experience in related business and/or technology environment
- 5-10 years business development / technical sales experience
- Experience in automotive industry is preferred, specifically among system suppliers and/or specifiers
- Experience with engineering plastics is mandatory
- Preferably experience with High Performance resins
- Languages; English essential. Knowledge of German and/or French would be an asset.
- Willingness to travel (approximately 30-50%)
- Self-starter with the drive and passion to succeed
- Excellent collaborative, presentation, communication and matrix management skills
- Ability to lead, direct, guide, plan & develop new projects & programs at customer
- Creative, out of the box thinker, able to grasp new opportunities
- Track record on successful and sustainable new business development
- Sound technical background, with commercial sense to deliver results
- Strong Influencing skills
- Business Acumen
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.