Senior EMEA Internal Auditor
PPG: We protect and beautify the world (TM)
PPG’s Europe Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Coatings businesses have continued to grow in size and complexity. A challenging internal control environment and corporate requirements necessitate an additional resource to support the EMEA Internal Audit department in overseeing internal controls compliance across the EMEA region. Therefore, we are looking for a resource to support activities performed within the Internal Audit Department and to enable us to be more proactive in protecting our control environment. We are looking for
Senior Internal Auditor
YOUR PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES ARE:
More specifically, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
· Effective execution of General Internal and Sarbanes-Oxley audits throughout the region, Including directly participating in fieldwork and performing direct audit procedures as part of an engagement team.
· Assisting audit teams to evaluate significant issues and identify further testing or compensating controls, ensuring quality work papers, completion of the audit plan scope, completion of a quality site report by the end of fieldwork, consistency of issues across audits, and effective communication with business management about the audit
· Developing the initial audit plan and full on-the-job responsibility for satisfactory completion of assigned audits; including execution of audit programs, adjustment of the audit approach, supervision of audit team members (senior auditor), and communication of audit findings.
· From senior auditor it is expected that the incumbent will be able to direct a SOX review independently in the field (i.e. without the Field Supervisor being in the field).
· Support in implementation of proactive internal control initiatives (active participation in SBU / Controllership driven projects)
The position Requires:
For this function, the incumbent should be strong in the following core competencies:
· Considerable analytical proficiency in order to properly evaluate the adequacy of controls and procedures.
· Understand and apply accounting and auditing theories, procedures, and techniques and be able to effectively analyze relevant information (Senior Auditor).
· Effective writing skills required to clearly and concisely communicate audit findings.
· Effective oral communication skills are essential as the incumbent must be able to communicate clearly, quickly, and persuasively. This work is normally carried out in a team environment working closely with peers and customers.
· Business knowledge and willingness to learn audit skills (Staff auditor position)
· Strong interpersonal skills, as well as the ability and desire to develop others.
· The ability to plan ahead and multi-task is critical.
Success Factors – Prime Success Factors (focus on results, drive change, promote teamwork, build trust & respect) plus the following:
- Developing others (Senior)
- Attend to detail
- Functional expertise
- Plan and organize
- Communicate and share information
- Take responsibility
- Resolve conflict
- Working across multi-cultural locations
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
PPG CEE as well as all related entities (in the following PPG) do not accept any candidate submission from unsolicited third parties. Candidates presented by unsolicited third parties (such as recruitment agencies, head hunters etc.), will not be entered into the recruitment process and will not be considered further. Further on, no contractual relationship will result out of such a submission between PPG and a third party. PPG is not obligated nor willing to pay any fee to third parties submitting candidates in this manner.
PPG CEE (the Group) are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities to all prospective employees within the recruitment process. The Group complies with and supports all national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination. Please note that the Group is supported by Serendi for Talent Acquisition Services. As their Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider Serendi is exclusively in charge of the above-mentioned position. Your data is handled according to the compliance guidelines of the Group. Please see the for more information. If you have any questions your recruiter will be happy to help.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.