Engineer Process Control PC China Project
- Provide leadership and technical support on DCS and SIS levels to assure compliance with PC China project’s License scope.
- Provide technical support during the Functional Acceptance Tests (FAT) of the DCS and SIS systems. This work is essential to ensure that the DCS/SIS are build flawless and in accordance with the PC China specifications.
- Process Control technical support for plant critical equipment definition, procurement, implementation and operation.
- Provide Process Control support for plant PLC/SIS-based Packaged Equipment throughout all its engineering phases (definition, procurement, detailed engineering and construction) and during commissioning and start up.
- Ensure that the core software covered by the PC License is kept as IP protected by following all measures and procedures in place to avoid any leakage to other third parties companies.
- Review deliverables done by engineering firm/s to assure fidelity and consistency with Cartagena design and implementation of design changes related to Process Automation Area.
- Ensure application of EHS policies, engineering methodologies and standards.
- Prepare and conduct DCS/SIS training sessions to operators and engineers for local Operations PC China plant team.
- Ensure that recommendations and best practices are implemented during design, construction, commissioning, start-up and operation phases as per Cartagena Plant design and experience.
- After plant start up, he/she will be able to provide support on site in Tianjin (China) on plant optimization to reach the high plant performance levels by applying regulatory and advanced process control techniques.
- Support additional projects, changes or initiatives to implement within the PC China or other future projects and licenses.
- Support Technology and process improvements in SABIC´s affiliates.
- Identify project risks and opportunities for improvement and deliver creative approaches accordingly.
- MSc degree or Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Physics, Computing Engineering (other disciplines considered depending on experience).
- Knowledge of Process Control systems (DCS)
- Availability to travel to China during engineering phase
- Availability to be re-located in China during commission and start up
- Fluent in written and oral English and Spanish.
- Work Experience in Distributed Control Systems (Delta V) configuration and programming.
- Experience in safety Systems (SIS) configuration and programming.
- Work experience in PLC based systems.
- Excellent communications, interpersonal, organizational, and matrix working skills at all levels (operations, maintenance, engineering, management and equipment suppliers).
- Present information and ideas in an articulate and organized way.
- Maintain an effective network of relevant internal and external stakeholders and experts.
- Demonstrated results and track record for delivering on commitments.
- Motivated to work in a multicultural environment. Chinese valued.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.