Strategy Consultant Intern
Cushman & Wakefield is a global leader in commercial real estate services, helping clients transform the way people work, shop, and live. The firm’s 43,000 employees in more than 60 countries provide deep local and global insights that create significant value for occupiers and investors around the world. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest commercial real estate services firms with revenues of $5 billion across core services of agency leasing, asset services, capital markets, facilities services (branded C&W Services), global occupier services, investment management (branded DTZ Investors), tenant representation, and valuations & advisory.
Global Occupier Services provides Cushman & Wakefield with a comprehensive menu of integrated real estate and facility services, combining a worldwide reach, coordinated local execution and advanced data analytics — this is all aimed at delivering the highest value service in the industry.
‘GOS’ Deliver a global, integrated service using company-owned resources including: strategic consulting, transaction management, portfolio administration, project/development services and facilities management
Our commitment to client success is at the core of our culture. We continuously improve our people, processes and technology to achieve success for our clients,
We are currently looking for our new graduate team member within the Strategic Consultant EMEA team in our Portfolio Service Center in Budapest, Hungary.
This is an opportunity to join Cushman & Wakefield’s European (EMEA) Strategic Consulting team, within the Global Occupier Services division, one of the most rapidly developing areas of the real estate profession. You will play a role in shaping the future of our client’s global real estate portfolios in line with strategic corporate objectives and global trends.
You will be based in Budapest in an attractive, modern, and spacious office downtown, working with colleagues in a European-wide team.
The duration of the internship is flexible, from 3-9 months with the intention of evolving to full-time employment following successful graduation. From the beginning, at least 20 working hours per week are sought, with a working pattern of at least 4 hours per day.
You will have the opportunity to develop your consulting skills as an Intern/Graduate towards a Junior Consultant position in Real Estate Strategy Consulting.
You will be working on various international projects where your initial role will be to support research and analysis, working with financial and non-financial data sets, as well as assisting in the preparation of written presentations. The position will include training.
· Conducting targeted primary and secondary research, using both internal (company) and appropriate external data sources
· Effectively summarising data and research outputs into a document (e.g. in an excel file)
· Using the outputs of research and analysis to create well-formatted slides with attention to detail and clear, appropriate business language and style
· Applying a basic understanding of the fundamentals of commercial real estate and RE markets
· Use of analytical tools required to work with large data sets (e.g. formulae, pivot tables, error checking, consolidation of multiple data sets and data cleansing)
· Understanding of how financial models are constructed and how they can be used
You should be pursuing or recently graduated from Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (final year) in relevant field, such as: economics; geography; architecture & urban planning; mathematics; business & finance; or engineering.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
· Some previous professional experience is an advantage
· Excellent written and oral proficiency in English
· Strong numerical and analytical skills
· IT skills: proficiency in MS Excel, strong command of MS Word, PowerPoint & Outlook
· Good communication skills
· Demonstrable interest in real estate or corporate strategy
· Good time management and attention to detail
· Team player able to apply problem solving skills in collaborative settings
We have a vibrant team culture, so the following personal attributes are also important:
· Sociable – able to interact well with others and build rapport
· Interested – enthusiastic about global trends and awareness of global trends
· Proactive – keen / willing to contribute to developing team knowledge
· Inquisitive – asking and answering questions, and approaching challenges creatively
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.