Manufacturing Segment Buyer
PPG: We protect and beautify the world (TM)
PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty Materials Company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world.
Within our Global Supply Management Unit, we are currently looking for
Manufacturing Segment Buyer
for Hungary, Czech Republic and Romania
Key challenges of this role will be to understand the needs of the sites and to develop a compliant, consolidated, competitive and reliable supplier base.
Main Accountabilities will be:
- Delivering competitive sourcing and reducing the number of Suppliers for General Purchasing
- Deliver annual savings in the region for Hungary and Romania
- Driving annual working capital improvement
- Ensuring a process that all contracts are tendered on a 3-year cycle
- Implementing new service level scorecards for key vendors
- Enhancing participation of suppliers within the PPG supplier portal
- Developing quarterly communication reviews
- Improving the rate of automated invoicing through the suppliers
- Actively participating in EMEA team initiatives
- Bsc diploma in Economics
- 2-3 years work experience in purchasing
- Multilingual capability: English and Hungarian are a must, Romanian or Czech would be nice to have
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and influencing skills
- Ability to act under time pressure and work autonomously
- Structured working method, result oriented mindset
- Flexibility to travel within the region 25% of the time
- Sound Ms Office knowledge
What we offer:
- Long-term career opportunity at a market leading multinational company
- Support of the growth and development of our employees, providing a stable background
- Exciting, international team
- Competitive compensation package
Budapest, Hungary: 1238, Budapest, Grassalkovich út 4.
Information for Recruitment Agencies:
PPG CEE as well as all related entities (in the following PPG) do not accept any candidate submission from unsolicited third parties. Candidates presented by unsolicited third parties (such as recruitment agencies, head hunters etc.), will not be entered into the recruitment process and will not be considered further. Further on, no contractual relationship will result out of such a submission between PPG and a third party. PPG is not obligated nor willing to pay any fee to third parties submitting candidates in this manner.
PPG CEE (the Group) are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities to all prospective employees within the recruitment process. The Group complies with and supports all national and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination. Please note that the Group is supported by Serendi for Talent Acquisition Services. As their Recruitment Process Outsourcing provider Serendi is exclusively in charge of the above-mentioned position. Your data is handled according to the compliance guidelines of the Group. Please see the for more information. If you have any questions your recruiter will be happy to help.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.