Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
From making cars and planes more fuel-efficient, to helping conserve the world’s water supply and enabling colourful smartphone cases, we manufacture on a global scale in the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centres. Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefin, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets.As the ‘home of unique offerings’ within SABIC, the Strategic Business Unit of Specialties is set to work on the hard, difficult endeavours in technology for they can bring a fundamental progress to the way we travel, communicate, work and live. This SBU provides unique high heat resins, functional compounds and additives, specialty fluids, nanotechnology and thermoplastics composites to markets such as Additive Manufacturing, Consumer & Industrial, Electrical & Electronics, Healthcare, Mass Transportation, Automotive and Water Management.
Supply & Materials Planning is part of Supply Chain Management for Specialties Europe. The team is responsible for the coordination of fulfilling our customer orders. It includes balancing the order load over the different manufacturing facilities, defining the optimal inventory strategy for all product lines, reducing manufacturing costs and optimizing the delivery service to our customers as part of the SCM responsibilities. The Supply Planner reports to the Supply & Materials Planning Manager. He/she will interact with Product Marketing, Manufacturing, Sales, Procurement, Logistics and Demand planning to optimize costs, inventory and service.
- Accountable for the balancing supply with demand, using the available capacity, for Specialties Europe:
- Combines demand forecast with available manufacturing capacity or other supply channels to make a supply plan
- Develop a cost effective plan by distributing the supply over the manufacturing units in a way that will serve our customers best
- Will create an inventory plan together with the master planners
- Has an overview of approximately 6 quarters
- Monitors manufacturing plant production performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements for their assigned products
- Identifies supply bottlenecks and develops mitigation plans
- Represents Europe in the creation of the global supply plan as part of global S&OP
- Works with several parties within the Supply Chain to optimize the supply plan: demand planning, master planning and raw material planning
- Works very closely with multiple stakeholders outside Supply Chain, like Manufacturing, Product Management, Commercial and Procurement
- Interacts with peers in other poles to optimize cross pole supplies
- Strong influencing skills, with the ability to operate effectively within a matrix environment, gaining commitment at all organizational levels
- Ability to influence people without the need of a direct reporting line
- Strong analytical skills and able to think on a tactical level
- Ability to distinguish in priorities
- Work independently in a rapid changing environment, taking responsibility for delivery of business expectations
- Strong communication skills and capable to communicate at different levels (from shop floor up to business leaders)
- Fluency in English
- Master level degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or comparable through experience is an advantage
- Experience and systems knowledge/affinity are highly valued
WHAT WE OFFER
At SABIC, we create the conditions for our talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment you need. As a SABIC employee, you will benefit from career opportunities that are accompanied by an attractive package and benefits. You will have access to comprehensive training and development programs which are among the best in the Petrochemical industry. Furthermore, you will be offered opportunities in a diversity of disciplines and locations worldwide.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependent of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.