Sr Manager Global Sales and Operations Planning, SBU Specialties
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- The global S&OP Senior Manager for Specialties is accountable to steer the global demand and supply planning process, Global S&OP, including inventory planning.
- Establishing and executing the company & SBU vision in conjunction with meeting performance and financial goals are paramount to the success of this position.
- This position must balance the company’s financial investment in inventory and simultaneously achieve a high level of service rates for our customers. He / She will also have to adapt S&OP to changing market conditions, new business opportunities or cost reduction strategies. Develop annual business plans & participate in the development of SBU Strategies as appropriate.
- Effective communication and collaboration, proactive planning, analytical skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and objectives are critical. This position supports and drives successful company strategy execution and competitive superiority through excellence in S&OP.
- Align with business and set the global targets for S&OP KPIs (f.i: inventory, Demand Planning Accuracy, Sales Forecast Accuracy, DOIH, etc).
- Analyze inventories in Specialties Globally to determine how to optimize customer service & Monitoring the inventory level and maintain it within the agreed target
- Monitor and coordinate across globes and functions the needed actions and strategies to achieve the targets. He/She directs, coordinates, assigns, monitors and reviews the work of individuals engaged in supply chain related duties to meet the plan.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports & presentations to update SBU Management on Global Supply Chain & business performance. Establishment of effective global reporting.
- Develop the global Specialties Planning Strategy in accordance with Supply Chain strategy & Business. Guarantee key strategic initiatives are properly embedded in the plan.
- Represents all tactical supply chain planning activities at the business line level and oversees the development of demand and supply scenarios that Planning Main Activities
- Collaborate across SBU’s for the creation of the global integrated demand plan and feedstock allocation & distribution and for any problem solving in the demand and supply.
- Cary responsibility for exceptions in the S&OP processes and will be responsible to facilitate the resolution of key demand & supply global imbalances to ensure fulfillment of demand from customers and inventory build or burn strategies.
- Further, develop and professionalize the S&OP process by improving rigor, data analysis, meetings structure, decision-making, etc. Develop and implement enhanced methods to improve accuracy.
- In addition the position will be responsible for workforce planning of the global S&OP department (plan, develop, organize, manage and evaluate the team). Continuous coaching and teaching of the performance results according to SABIC’s Talent Review Process
- Direct the training, supervision, mentoring, and performance evaluations of supply chain staff
- Interpret, and apply administrative SABIC’s policies and procedures in order to ensure compliance with laws, rules and regulations
- Continuous coaching and teaching of the performance results according to SABIC’s Talent Review Process
- Minimum B.A. in Engineering (preferably Chemical, Industrial or Mechanical) or Business Management
- Minimum 7 years in SCM or operations, particularly in the chemical or manufacturing industry. Specific S&OP management experience and/or significantly knowledge is required.
- Strong Business and Financial Acumen
- Proven ability to set, define, and deliver a strategic vision
- Strong communications skills with proven ability to influence in a matrix environment; proven ability to influence at all levels in the organization
- Strong record of setting ambitious business targets, defining the execution path and achieving results.
- Demonstrated ability to drive change and mobilize resources in a complex environment: Ability to apply CAP tools in driving change management.
- SAP/APO knowledge, desired
- Strong Analytics; Proven ability to improve metrics through strong analytics and proven project leadership
- Strong process & project management skills.
- Leadership experience. Global leadership experience desired.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.