Specialist, Fire Science
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Lead and implement start-up of FR lab, and continue responsibility as owner of the equipment
- Responsible for quality performance of the FR lab
- Setup FR measurement protocols in line with different regulations (UL94, OSU, FST), and train technicians in line with these protocols
- Lead programs for improvements, incl. investment opportunities
- Apply advanced testing tools and concepts to evaluate FR properties and structure-property relationships
- Lead introduction of new experimental techniques, equipment and methods in the FR area
- Initiate research and development activities supporting the development of proprietary solutions resulting in new FR products and FR technologies
- Participate in product and process development programs and support customer issue resolution
- Work within a global cross-functional team on knowledge exchange and provide consultation, technical expertise in the FR area
- Build and utilise external contacts with universities, expert groups and equipment suppliers.
- Asses the BU's strategy and road-map to define the required external technology needs
- Collaborate with project teams to initiate and execute complex multi-disciplinary research projects with predefined deadlines
- Present technical papers at regional and international conferences and meetings
- The candidate should be a self-motivated professional able to work independently to reliably deliver results
- MSc or PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science or analytical chemistry relevant hands-on FR experience
- Structure-processing-property relations of polymeric materials
- Knowledge of experimental techniques in general electrical, optical, thermal, mechanical and rheological testing
- 2 to 5 years of experience in product development and/or application development is preferred
- Good interpersonal, networking, influencing & presentation skills
WHAT WE OFFERAt SABIC, we create the conditions for our talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment you need. As a SABIC employee, you will benefit from career opportunities that are accompanied by an attractive package and benefits. You will have access to comprehensive training and development programs which are amongst the best in the Petrochemical industry. Furthermore you will be offered opportunities in a diversity of disciplines and locations worldwide.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.