Process Technology Engineer
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- As part of a cross-functional team based in an industrial plant environment, leading and delivering the technical solutions that are necessary in the design and commercialization of new polymers and polymer blends and/or in the optimization of existing polymer-based products
- Developing new processes and improving existing processes to develop new polymer molecules, blends and resins to provide growth to the business by accessing new markets.
- Working in an interdisciplinary team to define new opportunities and to find cost effective material solutions for new engineering materials.
- Working with manufacturing operations to identify opportunities for productivity, product quality and throughput improvements, then developing and implementing process technology to achieve those goals.
- Interfacing with manufacturing, quality, commercial teams and customers to provide technical leadership in the design and commercialization of new or improved processes.
- Planning and managing projects to develop and advance new process technology from the laboratory scale, through the pilot scale & commercial implementation, using modeling and statistical tools to establish product and process capability.
- Rigorously and safely taking new products from the laboratory to the manufacturing, ensuring consistent manufacturing performance of the products.
- Establishing inclusive and early partnerships with ancillary technical functions such as product technology, analytical technology, color technology, and external technology experts and technical service providers to proactively plan and gain inputs on process or product development programs.
- Using statistical design of experiments to deliver high performance while inventing, developing, and implementing new technology to our polymer portfolio
- Working with Legal Counsel and specialists to develop, refresh, and protect SABIC intellectual property (IP) and understand current and emerging IP landscape
- Analysis of production data to identify strategies for reducing materials & utility usages;
- Development and scale-up of processes to manufacture new intermediates or resins, including pilot-scale testing, evaluation of equipment options, and commercial trials;
- Testing of new catalyst performance and/or reactor start-up procedures;
- Evaluation of separations capability using process simulation tools & developing options for improving performance;
- Mass and energy balances;
- Process troubleshooting and optimization.
- Leading a technology development project
- Serving on a capital project team
- Degrees: MS and/or PhD in Chemical Engineering.
- Strong background in fundamental engineering principles (mass and energy balances, thermodynamics, heat and mass transfer, unit operations, reaction kinetics and engineering, fluid mechanics, modeling, etc.) required.
- Demonstrated ability to solve relevant technical problems in the field of study with appropriate use of experimental design and statistical analysis. Experience with Statistical analysis tools, ASPEN process simulation software and Design of Experiment approach a plus
- Familiarity with industry practices related to process safety management and pilot plant, lab and personal safety
- Experience with PPO processes and products is a plus
- Excellent technical, written and verbal communication skills in English; able to deliver technical messages in English effectively to non-technical stakeholders and team members, preference for someone who can communicate in Dutch as well
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to effectively work with individuals at all levels of the organization and across functional disciplines (e.g. business leaders, technicians, chemists, chemical engineers, and manufacturing teams) locally and remotely.
- Ability and willingness to work cross culturally
- Curious and Motivated; demonstrated ability to appropriately leverage available resources to learn and grow technical/professional skills or to develop awareness of new techniques/approaches while delivering excellent results
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliver on their objectives
- Familiarity with stage-gated project processes
- Able to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate global team projects
- Willingness for occasional travel, sometimes internationally
- Previous Industrial experience in process technology/engineering is a plus.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.