Plastics Molding Specialist (Scientist GAPT Technology)
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Define and lead injection molding progams/experiments, with a variety of plastics and intended end-use applications and different molding machines from 100 to 2700 tons clamping force.
- Liaise with commercial and product development teams as well as customers to identify new areas for business growth through (advanced) injection molding techniques, such as for example Injection Compression Molding, Multi Component molding & heat and cool techniques,
- Stay on top of new technology developments within relevant areas and set up experiments to validate these for our materials. Work with external partners and suppliers for joint programs where appropriate.
- Advice on tool, screw and gating designs for existing and newly developed plastic resins.
- Ensure proper documentation of trials and report out to all stakeholders.
- State of the art knowledge on injection molding processes, preferably with some hands-on experience.
- Basic knowledge of computer aided modelling techniques for tool design and mold filling analysis.
- Initiative, "can-do" attitude, self-starter.
- Independent and flexible worker but with good team player capabilities. Proven team leadership is a plus.
- Fluent in English language (writing and speaking).
- Experience with PLC programming, data acquisition, supporting equipment such as robotics, dryers and resin conveying systems, equipment maintenance, knowledge of 6 sigma and different engineering thermoplastics is a plus.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in plastics processing or mechanical engineering with a relationship to plastics.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.