Operations Engineer Chemical Operations
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Working according to the Manufacturing Excellence Management Standard (MEMs) workprocesses.
- Responsible for plant production performance monitoring, including operation performance improvement (specific raw material and energy usage, unit cost etc.).
- Together with operations, make sure that the plant capability (output) targets are realized on a day to day basis. In case of immediate performance gaps, resolve plant output- and quality problems effectively.
- Troubleshooting and debottlenecking of unit operations and related equipment including identifying the problem source. Evaluate alternatives and suggest solutions and improvements.
- Proactively advise and assist the operational teams in preventing performance gaps.
- Working in SAP to ensure raw material supply and registration.
- Execute on short-term operational safety actions initiated from HAZOP`s, safety events and incidents.
- Drives the main improvement programs (technical / organizational) from the annual unit plan.
- Maintains contact with service departments (project engineering / process engineering / maintenance) to optimize plant performance
- OPS eng (MEMS)
- Assist in commissioning of new equipment and other unit/control modifications.
- Responsible for the MOC-process and coordinates the implemenation.
- Reviews design packages for operability, functionality and safety.
- Participate as teammember in Incident Investigations, HAZOP and PSSR.
- Maintains statistical process control (or similar methods) monitoring of all major Chemops unit equipment and makes recommendations for proper maintenance and operation.
- Responsible for the operation part of turn-around scope, and participates in the unit turn-around team to develop the total scope.
- BSc / MSc level in either mechanical engineering or chemical engineering.
- 5-10 Years working experience in a (petro-) chemical unit (troubleshooting).
- A dynamic, flexible and enthusiastic personality, who has proven to have thorough understanding of unit operations, process equipment and technology.
- You have the ability to listen generously and practice open advocacy. You are able to provide people the information to perform their assigned roles by spoken word. You can provide people the written information necessary to do their job correctly and are able to make relevant information known in a responsive and effective way. You know how to evaluate a particular situation or scenario and quantify the probability and consequence of an undesirable event.
- Experience with Chemical Operations is a plus.
- Experience with SAP.
- Fluent in English and Dutch.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.