New Business Development Manager - High Heat Product
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Builds relationships with relevant OEMs, or specifiers to position SABIC as a preferred partner for high heat specialty products across various industries and product forms (resin, compounded grades or selective forms). Identifies growth areas and creates demand to expand SABIC's revenue and market presence with both ULTEM' and EXTEM' resins.
- Understands and articulates both short and long term customer needs; including material requirements, new product introductions and new business opportunities. Proposes solutions based on OEM's needs and SABIC's compounding capability. Ability to gain credibility with OEMs across multiple disciplines including sourcing, design, engineering and leadership.
- Develops a robust pipeline of new business opportunities for SABIC's high heat resins via direct and indirect sales channels. Manages open opportunities and sees to timely closure and realization of sales. Collaborates with SABIC's Account Managers, Distribution Channel Leaders, and Technical Development Engineers to support the specification and design process for new applications.
- Gather and report market intelligence i.e. industry/customer specific unmet needs, market trends, competitor intelligence, technology gaps.
- Acts as a contact point between new customers and SABIC teams (Product Management, New Business Dev leaders, Customer Fulfillment and Technology) to offer a practical solution to address customer problems and needs with differentiated High Heat solutions.
- The incumbent will drive new growth via specifications at new accounts of existing products/product grades in existing applications, new product in existing or close adjacent applications as well as new products in new application spaces.
- The objective is to generate and deliver on new business opportunities to meet our ambitious growth targets.
- The candidate will effectively work with internal and external resources to identify solutions to complex problems in demanding and highly regulated applications.
- Minimum BS/BA Degree, Engineer Degree Desired
- Min. 10+ years business development / technical sales experience
- Proven industry and application development expertise
- Experience with engineering thermoplastics preferred
- Self-starter with the drive and passion to succeed
- Excellent communication and matrix management skills
- Out of the box thinker who can be creative and good at grasping new opportunities.
- Initiative taking and successful, sustainable new business development track record
- Very strong collaborative and team spirit. Ability to reach out across organizational boundaries
- Sound technical background, with commercial sense to deliver results
- Strong Influencing skills
- Business Acumen
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.