Foam Line Engineer
Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
- Manage pilot-foam line operation including project coordination, planning, line configuration setup (calendaring, calibration, etc), materials, quality systems and other foam extrusion related technologies.
- Lead product development process from initial phase to product commercialization, taking care about costs, processing and product design.
- Develop and modify polymer materials, equipment, tooling and processing techniques in cooperation with R&D scientist team.
- Plan, design and monitor manufacturing processes, maximizing efficiency by analyzing processing parameters, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Intermediate between R&D and Manufacturing team. Work with manufacturing facilities, material experts and engineers.
- Identify technology trends, determine how they can be used and contribute in current manufacturing operations.
- Coordinate, conduct and facilitate global meetings with other subject matter experts.
- Master/Bachelor degree in Materials/Polymer Science, Mechanical, Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong understanding of thermoplastic processing or, preferably, experience with sheet extrusion and/or extrusion melt foaming process (PBA) of thermoplastic polymers.
- Manufacturing or engineering background with the ability to manage large-scale extrusion processing equipment in different configurations.
- People management skills; experience or ability to lead small team / operators.
- Ability to lead and work in a (global) cross-functional team to design, implement and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Energizing, independently motivated personality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and effectively communicate with all levels and functions in the organization.
- The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Fluency in English (speaking and writing) is mandatory. Italian language skills are preferred.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.