Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
Demand Planning is part of Supply Chain Management for Specialties Europe.
The Demand Planner is responsible for the demand planning process and uses historical data, statistical forecasting methods and market intelligence to come up with the best possible forecast that is used as input to our Sales & Operations Planning process; a critical step to ensure the right customer service level. Moreover, (s)he drives value creation through defining, designing, executing and driving supply chain related cross departmental improvement projects and acts as the gatekeeper for SCM being a linking pin with e.g. Business Management, Sales, Technical Marketing, Manufacturing, Site Logistics and Control.
The Demand Planner reports to the Demand Planning Manager. He/she will interact with Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Service to optimize costs, inventory and service
- The demand planner is responsible to create the demand plan. (S)he uses historical, statistical information as well as commercial intelligence to predict the demand. The demand plan is the basis for the Global S&OP process, which is used for business planning
- The demand planner is responsible for executing the agreed (constraint) demand plan, managing both demand as well as allocation
- The demand planner is responsible for tracking the demand vs. plan, analyses deviations, identify risks and opportunities, communicates to stakeholders and initiate actions to mitigate risks / facilitates opportunities and manage the demand (allocation)
- The demand planner continuously works on improving the demand plan. (S)he follows up on the KPI’s, (Sales forecast accuracy / Demand plan accuracy / S&OP execution) analyses the data and initiate improvement actions
- The demand planner is responsible to facilitate the yearly process of creating the operational plan which is the baseline for next year business planning
- The demand planner is responsible to create value by coordinating and/or implementing improvement projects to optimize the cross departmental supply chain processes
- The demand planner has an overview of approximately one and a half year
- The demand planner works with Commercial, Customer Service and Master Planning in the midterm planning. Furthermore, the demand planner is working with Commercial, Global S&OP, Supply planning, Product management and Business in the tactical processes
- Bachelor/ Master degree in Business Administration, Econometrics or a Technical discipline
- 0-5 years of related business experience
- Experience and systems knowledge/affinity are highly valued
- Additional education in Supply Chain Management (e.g. APICS) would be a strong asset
- Strong analytical skills and process oriented
- Effective communication skills and strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good decision-making skills even in case of uncertainty
- Team player and able to build and maintain professional relations at different levels within our organization
- Fluent English
- Self-reliant and able to set priorities and work accurately also when under time pressure.
- SAP and APO system knowledge would be another strong asset
WHAT WE OFFER
At SABIC, we create the conditions for our talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment you need. As a SABIC employee, you will benefit from career opportunities that are accompanied by an attractive package and benefits. You will have access to comprehensive training and development programs which are among the best in the Petrochemical industry. Furthermore, you will be offered opportunities in a diversity of disciplines and locations worldwide.
Not yet ready to apply? Sign up to be notified of future opportunities
Serendi is a recruitment service provider with its headquarters in Switzerland. Our clients are large Swiss or international companies.
We manage the entire recruitment process for our client companies - including sourcing of candidates. Candidates are selected based on how well their experience and qualifications match our clients position requirements.
We source and screen thousands of candidates and applications per year and recommend the most qualified candidates to our clients.
If you want to apply for one of the open positions with one of our clients you can do this through this website. Please enter the required data and upload your CV. Our recruitment consultants will screen your application very thoroughly. You will receive via email constant updates on the status of your application. Please apply for each position you are interested in.