Supplier Development Engineer
For our Supply Chain Services Unit based in Murten, we are looking for a
Organized by commodities, the Supplier Development Engineer represents together with the commercially oriented Buyer the team assuring a successful and powerful relationship with our suppliers. In this role you have two main fields of activity: qualification of new suppliers and development of existing suppliers on one hand, the successful launch of new parts in projects on the other hand. He/she will report directly to Senior Supplier Quality Manager Europe based in Switzerland.
• Implement the APQP process between Johnson Electric and the suppliers for projects
• Execute assessment of new potential suppliers in form of on-site audits
• Recommend suppliers for new parts in accordance with European HQ
• Evaluate PPAP’s coming up from projects and assist with new release according automotive standards
• Implement supplier development program; e.g. lead-time reduction, process improvement, cost reduction or quality improvement
• Ensure setup and follow-up of actions depending on results of Supplier Performance Rating (SPR) for all suppliers within the dedicated commodities
• Bachelor degree or adequate professional experience in engineering ideally combined with advanced training in quality
• Min. 3 years of experience on similar position, preferably in automotive industry
• Experience as auditor in process audits is a must
• Practice in working with standards ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949 and/or QS 9000. Knowledge about further standards as e.g. VDA 6.3 will be an additional plus
• Good English written and spoken, further languages are helpful
• Professional curiosity, problem solving and initiative; good understanding of production and easiness in dealing with technical environment
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Dynamic and positive personality with passion to challenge the status quo and drive tasks to completion with minimum supervision
• Willingness to travel in Europe region (about 30%)
What we offer:
• Opportunity to grow professionally in a truly international environment
• Possibility to be a part of the biggest motor production company with a strong focus on further development
• An exciting and very dynamic work atmosphere and out-of-the box thinking
If you are interested in this challenging position we are looking forward to receiving your CV in English.
The Group has the following operating divisions aligned with the broad markets they serve:
- Automotive Products Group (APG)
- Industry Products Group (IPG)
- Components and Services (C&S)
To be the world’s definitive Provider of innovative and Reliable motion systems…
Johnson Electric has over 38,000 employees in 23 countries worldwide.
Design engineering centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Israel, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, UK and the USA.
Johnson Electric offers its employees exceptional opportunities for personal development and rewarding careers.
To this end Johnson Electric Employees share in the success of the company.
Johnson Electric people set stretched goals for themselves to drive business growth and personal career fulfillment. We know from experience that bold thinking and bold action will bring about extraordinary results.
- 2 out of 5 cars have features powered by many products from Johnson Electric.
- 1 out of 3 digital cameras incorporates a motion subsystem by Johnson Electric.
- 2 out of 5 hairdryers run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 4 out of 5 inkjet printers have a Johnson Electric motion system
- 2 out of 5 vacum cleaners run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 coffee grinders is powerd by Johnson Electric
- 1 out of 4 drills runs on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 garden tools is powered by a Johnson Electric motor
Are you a Johnson Electric Employee?
Here you will find the Europe Candidate Referral Program!