Functional Safety Engineer – Automotive
For our Automotive Products Group in Murten, Switzerland we are looking for a:
• Development of complex vehicle electrical systems acc. automotive functional safety standards
• Drive audit and gap-analysis on engineering processes for compliance to ISO-26262
• Development of core processes incl. engineering, quality, human resources departments
• Promote the functional safety culture in the company manpower
• Management and tracking of engineering development and application projects from concepts to validation phases
• Specification and management of functional safety requirements and validation
• Lead and contribute to risk, reliability and functional safety analyses by moderating DFMEA, FTA, DFMEDA and similar practices
• Standardize traceable documentation aligned with ISO-26262 work products
• Hardware and software quality management with preparation of certification audits
• Interface to customers and suppliers for functional safety-relevant topics
• Plan and conduct functional safety related audits and assessments on organization-level, development and application projects
• Support and control of development as well as development partners by verification and validation reviews and audits
• Presentation of project status in development milestones, internal and customer meetings
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in software engineering, automotive engineering, control engineering, mechatronics, information technology or an equivalent education
• 5 years of experience related to this position is required
• Knowledge of ISO 26262 and VDA industry standards
• Experience in the functional safety development process according to ISO 26262 and risk analysis methodologies eg Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
• Experience in system engineering development cycle ideally incl. hardware and/or software development
• Experience in system requirements, design, validation and/or quality management applied to mecatronics
• Demonstrated ability in functional and failure analysis of complex vehicle systems architectures regarding functional safety
• Ability to combine transversal engineering safety processes developments with technical moderation of engineering project milestones and D-FMEAs
• Leadership in driving cross-functional audits and project follow-ups
• Motivated by development of processes and documentation
• Ability to interpret hardware and software models for functional safety analyses
• Good professional English communication skills
• Strong communication and team-working skills as well as a high affinity for delivering first-quality engineering services to the customer
• Effective project management, organizational, and teamwork skills are required
What we offer
• A highly independent and strategic position in a friendly work atmosphere
• Being part of a rapidly growing and worldwide known manufacturing company
• Work in international teams on innovative products
The Group has the following operating divisions aligned with the broad markets they serve:
- Automotive Products Group (APG)
- Industry Products Group (IPG)
- Components and Services (C&S)
To be the world’s definitive Provider of innovative and Reliable motion systems…
Johnson Electric has over 38,000 employees in 23 countries worldwide.
Design engineering centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Israel, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, UK and the USA.
Johnson Electric offers its employees exceptional opportunities for personal development and rewarding careers.
To this end Johnson Electric Employees share in the success of the company.
Johnson Electric people set stretched goals for themselves to drive business growth and personal career fulfillment. We know from experience that bold thinking and bold action will bring about extraordinary results.
- 2 out of 5 cars have features powered by many products from Johnson Electric.
- 1 out of 3 digital cameras incorporates a motion subsystem by Johnson Electric.
- 2 out of 5 hairdryers run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 4 out of 5 inkjet printers have a Johnson Electric motion system
- 2 out of 5 vacum cleaners run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 coffee grinders is powerd by Johnson Electric
- 1 out of 4 drills runs on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 garden tools is powered by a Johnson Electric motor
Are you a Johnson Electric Employee?
Here you will find the Europe Candidate Referral Program!