Officer Sourcing - Plastic Injection
Johnson Electric Group is the definite leader in micro motors, motion subsystems and actuators for automotive and industrial applications. Our motion solutions adjust car seats and headlamps, run vacuum cleaners and power drills as well as 300 other applications worldwide. We are the safe choice for our clients.
For our Supply Chain unit in Będzin, Poland we are looking for a
Commodity Buyer – Plastic Injection
Officer Sourcing (Commodity Buyer) key role is to manage the supply base and provide a strategic sourcing as well as constant improvement of supplier performance to achieve the competitive material cost, highest quality and the shortest leadtime for entire Europe (7 plants).
- Advanced sourcing of supplier within European HQ guidelines
- Preselecting and recommending suppliers for new parts in accordance with following aspects: technical know-how (quality), timeline, price, etc.
- Sourcing payment and contract terms from prospective suppliers
- Leading time reduction through process improvement and localization
- Supporting audits with SQE and report recommended actions for approval to the EU HQ
- Performing capacity management with suppliers
- Maintaining tool management for technical aspect (including planning for substitution or refurbishment of tools within commodities for budget)
- Implementing contractually the required conditions for an efficient procurement at Contract Manufacturer in relation to minimum storage volume (zero inventory) and optimized inventory turnover (weekly)
- Following approval and contract signature by European HQ, implementing into operational procedure with JE- entity and supplier
- Clarifying on delivery and service obligations (drawing, specifications, etc.) with suppliers
- Require 30-40% time to travel around Europe; Driving License is necessary
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in strategic sourcing in production environment; experience in automotive sector will be a huge advantage
- Acquaintance and practical experience in strategic procurement project management
- Strong technical understanding (reading mechanical drawings) and ISO/TS 16949 knowledge would be an asset
- Experience on tools management linked to all technical aspects is required and useful for new tools building or existing tools refurbishment , in order to manage the related cost in the properly way
- Experience with CEE suppliers would be ideal but not a must
- Fluent English, any other European language would be a plus; Polish is a must
- Strong computer skills, advanced Excel; knowledge of any ERP system would be an asset
- Team player with good interpersonal communication skills
- Solid data analysis skills and ability to work with complex data and information
- Strong project management skills and ability to perform under pressure in a highly demanding environment
- Dynamic and positive personality with passion to challenge the status quo and drive tasks to completion with minimum supervision
What we offer:
- Independent position with opportunity to grow professionally in a truly international environment
- Possibility to be a part of the biggest motor production company with a strong focus on further development
- An exciting and very dynamic work atmosphere
- Induction program
If you are interested in this challenging position we are looking forward to receiving your CV in English and in Polish.
When you apply you will be automatically sent to Serendi, Johnson Electric’s talent acquisition service provider.
The Group has the following operating divisions aligned with the broad markets they serve:
- Automotive Products Group (APG)
- Industry Products Group (IPG)
- Components and Services (C&S)
To be the world’s definitive Provider of innovative and Reliable motion systems…
Johnson Electric has over 38,000 employees in 23 countries worldwide.
Design engineering centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Israel, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, UK and the USA.
Johnson Electric offers its employees exceptional opportunities for personal development and rewarding careers.
To this end Johnson Electric Employees share in the success of the company.
Johnson Electric people set stretched goals for themselves to drive business growth and personal career fulfillment. We know from experience that bold thinking and bold action will bring about extraordinary results.
- 2 out of 5 cars have features powered by many products from Johnson Electric.
- 1 out of 3 digital cameras incorporates a motion subsystem by Johnson Electric.
- 2 out of 5 hairdryers run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 4 out of 5 inkjet printers have a Johnson Electric motion system
- 2 out of 5 vacum cleaners run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 coffee grinders is powerd by Johnson Electric
- 1 out of 4 drills runs on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 garden tools is powered by a Johnson Electric motor
Are you a Johnson Electric Employee?
Here you will find the Europe Candidate Referral Program!