Commodity Buyer / Officer Sourcing
Johnson Electric Group is the definite leader in micro motors, motion subsystems and actuators for automotive and industrial applications. Our motion solutions adjust car seats and headlamps, run vacuum cleaners and power drills as well as 300 other applications worldwide. We are the safe choice for our clients.
For our Supply Chain unit in Będzin, Poland we are looking for a
- Comply with commodity sourcing guidelines as defined by Director Purchasing Europe
- Manage commodities negotiating with supplier within defined strict bandwidth
- Recommend commodities improvements and provide approved options by developing, consolidating and finding new suppliers according to DDP strategy
- Day to day supplier management within a clearly set framework provided by European HQ
- Provide leadership in industry and supply base information for the respective commodities
- Escalate to EU HQ Management any relevant issue and manage these according to approved guidelines
- BSc or MSc degree in Engineering with strong emphasis on purchasing
- Several years of professional experience in strategic procurement , preferred in automotive industry
- Negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Profoundly product knowledge in the responsible commodities : stamping parts / metal parts / plating & coating (some experience for injection plastic process is also preferred)
- Good spoken and written English language skills is essential
- ERP system (Oracle) knowledge is an asset
- Highly responsible, emphatic, personal integrity, compliant with respective company regulation
What we offer:
- Independent position with opportunity to grow professionally in a truly international environment
- Possibility to be a part of the biggest motor production company with a strong focus on further development
- An exciting and very dynamic work atmosphere
- Induction program
If you are interested in this challenging position we are looking forward to receiving your CV in English and in Polish.
When you apply you will be automatically sent to Serendi, Johnson Electric’s talent acquisition service provider.
The Group has the following operating divisions aligned with the broad markets they serve:
- Automotive Products Group (APG)
- Industry Products Group (IPG)
- Components and Services (C&S)
To be the world’s definitive Provider of innovative and Reliable motion systems…
Johnson Electric has over 38,000 employees in 23 countries worldwide.
Design engineering centers are located in Hong Kong, China, Japan, Israel, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, UK and the USA.
Johnson Electric offers its employees exceptional opportunities for personal development and rewarding careers.
To this end Johnson Electric Employees share in the success of the company.
Johnson Electric people set stretched goals for themselves to drive business growth and personal career fulfillment. We know from experience that bold thinking and bold action will bring about extraordinary results.
- 2 out of 5 cars have features powered by many products from Johnson Electric.
- 1 out of 3 digital cameras incorporates a motion subsystem by Johnson Electric.
- 2 out of 5 hairdryers run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 4 out of 5 inkjet printers have a Johnson Electric motion system
- 2 out of 5 vacum cleaners run on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 coffee grinders is powerd by Johnson Electric
- 1 out of 4 drills runs on a Johnson Electric motor
- 1 out of 4 garden tools is powered by a Johnson Electric motor
Are you a Johnson Electric Employee?
Here you will find the Europe Candidate Referral Program!